Monday, May 21, 2012

The Last Day of School (or My Two Left Balls)

Today was my last day in the office for a little while, which included a senior staff meeting where we handed off each of my clients.  It's weird having the last-day-of-school feeling when everyone else is in go-mode.  They're all gearing up to take on more work to help cover for me, as I shift gears to slip out for a little while.  

We have a pretty strictly enforced "there's no crying in baseball policy," in my office, so when I felt like having feelings - which was every five minutes or so, I'd watch the Kristen Wiig farewell from this weekend's SNL and have a little tear (it's kind of perfect - her dress is actually scrotum colored).  

In other news, I called the Silicon Carving Block - THE top of the line prosthetic testicle authority, to confirm that my new Leftee is on the way.  They report that the ball is in the air, and will be here on Wednesday (in plenty of time for Thursday's procedure).  This means that for a few days, I am technically the owner of two left balls, and should probably be out winning bar bets somewhere instead of home blogging about it.

Cheers.



No comments:

Post a Comment